List of Shell Gas Stations Offering EV Charging in the Philippines
Shell expands its mobility services in the Philippines with EV charging stations and carbon offset program
Shell, one of the leading energy companies in the Philippines, has recently launched two new initiatives that aim to promote smarter and cleaner mobility in the country: Shell Recharge and Shell NBS Carbon Offset Service. These offerings are part of Shell's efforts to reduce its carbon footprint and cater to the changing needs of its customers.
Shell Recharge is Shell's first electric vehicle (EV) charging service in the Philippines, and the first of its kind on Philippine expressways. It allows EV users to conveniently and quickly charge their vehicles at selected Shell stations. Shell Recharge will initially be available in Shell Mamplasan in Biñan City, Laguna starting this month, and will be gradually rolled out to more Shell Mobility stations within the next 12 months¹²³⁵.
Shell Recharge comes with two EV charging points with CCS2 connectors, allowing two vehicles to charge simultaneously. With a 180kWh DC fast charger, the Shell Recharge station at Shell Mamplasan can fully charge an average EV in just 30 minutes²⁵. Shell has set the price for EV charging at Php 65 per minute⁵, which is comparable to the cost of fueling a conventional vehicle. In the future, Shell Go+ card will also be accepted for Shell Recharge stations⁵.
Shell NBS Carbon Offset Service is another innovative offering that enables customers to compensate for the equivalent carbon emissions from their fuel purchase. For an additional service fee per liter, customers can opt to offset their transport emissions by supporting Shell's global portfolio of nature-based solutions (NBS) projects. These projects involve afforestation, reforestation, and conservation of natural ecosystems that absorb and store carbon dioxide¹³.
Shell NBS Carbon Offset Service was first introduced to Shell's B2B fleet customers in 2020, and is now available to everyday customers at selected Shell stations. The service will be available in 15 sites including Shell Mamplasan by July, with a target of 100 sites by the end of the year¹³. Customers who avail of the service will receive a digital certificate that shows the amount of carbon credits they have retired on behalf of Shell¹.
By launching these new mobility services, Shell hopes to attract more customers who are looking for convenient and sustainable ways to travel. Shell also aims to support the development of the EV market in the Philippines, which is expected to grow in the coming years due to various factors such as government policies, environmental awareness, and technological advancements⁴. By offering EV charging stations and carbon offset program, Shell can potentially increase its business and customer loyalty in the Philippines, as well as contribute to the country's transition to a lower-carbon economy.
EV charging will most likely roll out in major and top Shell gas stations in the country.
According to the web search results, some of the top Shell gas stations in the Philippines are:
- Shell Mamplasan in Biñan City, Laguna: This is Shell's first station to offer electric vehicle (EV) charging service in the Philippines, and the first of its kind on Philippine expressways¹. It also offers Shell NBS Carbon Offset Service, which allows customers to compensate for the equivalent carbon emissions from their fuel purchase by supporting nature-based solutions projects¹. Shell Mamplasan is located along the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and is accessible to motorists traveling to and from Metro Manila, Laguna, Batangas, and Cavite¹.
- Shell C5 Heritage in Taguig City, Metro Manila: This is one of Shell's flagship stations that showcases its latest innovations and services. It features a solar-powered canopy that generates renewable energy for the station's operations, as well as a rainwater harvesting system that reduces water consumption². It also has a Shell Select convenience store, a Shell Helix Oil Change+ service center, a Shell Go+ loyalty program kiosk, and a Deli2Go cafe². Shell C5 Heritage is located along C5 Road near the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) and McKinley Hill business districts².
- Shell Magallanes in Makati City, Metro Manila: This is one of Shell's oldest and most iconic stations in the Philippines. It was established in 1962 and has been serving customers for over 60 years³. It is known for its distinctive architecture that resembles a flying saucer, which was designed by National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin³. It also has a historical marker that commemorates the first oil well drilled in the country by Shell in 1896³. Shell Magallanes is located at the intersection of EDSA and South Superhighway, near the Magallanes Interchange and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3³.
(1) Shell Gasoline Station Locator | List of Shell Mobility Station. https://www.shell.com.ph/motorists/shell-station-locator.html.
(2) What are the biggest fuel companies in the Philippines?. https://www.autodeal.com.ph/articles/car-features/what-are-biggest-fuel-companies-in-philippines.
(3) Top Gasoline Stations in the Philippines - PhilNews.PH. https://philnews.ph/2023/07/28/top-gasoline-stations-philippines/.
(4) Shell Gasoline Station Locator | List of Shell Mobility Station. https://www.shell.com.ph/motorists/shell-station-locator.html.
Source: (1) Shell expands mobility offers in the Philippines to include EV charging .... https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/mobility/mobility-news/shell-expands-mobility-offers-in-the-philippines-to-include-ev-charging-stations.html.
(2) Pilipinas Shell opens EV charging station | Lenie Lectura - BusinessMirror. https://businessmirror.com.ph/2022/07/07/pilipinas-shell-opens-ev-charging-station/.
(3) Pilipinas Shell offers EV charging, carbon offset program. https://www.bworldonline.com/corporate/2022/07/08/460013/pilipinas-shell-offers-ev-charging-carbon-offset-program/.
(4) Shell PH launches its first-ever EV fast-charging station - Philkotse. https://philkotse.com/market-news/shell-ph-ev-fast-charging-station-13007.
(5) Pilipinas Shell Inks Agreement to Install EV Charging Infra in the .... https://pilipinas.shell.com.ph/media/current-year-press-releases-news/agreement-to-install-ev-charging.html.